First Baptist Irving

Nearly-Wed and Newlywed Couples

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Meaning of Marriage




Sunday we started our new study that follows along with the book The Meaning of Marriage. Brad brought a great message on our our marriages should look completely different from society's views on marriage. Our marriages should be Christ-centered and divorce should not even be an option!

One thing Bobby and I agreed on when we got married was to completely take that word out of our vocabulary. We don't even joke about it! You never can tell if that joking is half serious, or if it truly is just a joke. Sometimes that's hard because I will find myself about to say something (of course joking 100%) and I have to bite my tongue because I know that would cause some serious damage!

Another thing I heard that I agreed with was not saying anything negative about your spouse in front of other people. And I think it should go even further and I will say never in front of your parents! People tend to hold on to negatives and they will always remember that one time you said something bad about your spouse. Just don't do it! :-)


Have a great week Rolling Stoners! I can't wait to see what next Sunday brings us.

No comments:

Post a Comment